The strength of our cooperative lies in the capital of our member-owners (that’s you!). Your financial capital is building the nest egg that will allow our store to open and provide the goods and services we desire in our community. Equally important is your human capital of skills, energy, and commitment to help make our store a reality.
Over the next several months as we prepare for the remodeling of the former Foodland building on Gaffney Road and design your store, we will need the collective help from member-owners to do the various tasks needed for progress toward the ultimate success of opening the store. Here is a brief list of the types of tasks (manual labor and committee projects) where we can use your help. Call us at 457-1023 if you can help or email: email@example.com.
1. Office Help and Phone Calling– One or two hours per session on your schedule – We especially need help the week of July 25-29!!
2. Construction Material Pick Up Team – Help us access construction material leftovers! We especially need sheetrock, steel studs, electrical boxes and insulation.
3. Get in On the Action – Join our Store Site Team as we work on Cost Center estimates, source local products and plan how to gather volunteers to assist with store construction this fall (after financing is secured.)
4. Help at the fair and get into the fair free!! Must attend Outreach committee meeting on Tuesday, August 2 OR come in to the office the week before the fair for orientation.
5. Become a Board Member – Call 457-1023. Elections are October 2. There are 5 open seats.
We realize time is precious during the long and busy days of summer, but a little help goes a long way, and “many hands make for light work.” For now, even getting an idea of who will be able to help in the fall once outside chores around home are done will be time well spent in planning the many tasks that need attention before the store opens. Please look over the list and contact us if you are willing to lend a hand to your cooperative! Call 457-1023 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Leave a Reply