The Co-op Market Lend-a-Hand program is a direct and simple way for our shoppers to give back to our community. Six times a year, customers can choose to round up their shopping bill to the nearest dollar and donate the difference to a community nonprofit. 100% of these donations go to the charitable organization designated for that month.
For 2015, we would like our Owners to help us select the six nonprofits to support during Lend-a-Hand months.
We have received 10 applications for the 2015 Lend-a-Hand program. We’ve developed a survey that will allow Owners to rank each of the organizations in order of preference. Based on your responses, we will choose the top six and will develop a schedule for the program. We’ll publish the 2015 Lend-a-Hand recipients and schedule on this website.
The survey is available here.
Following are the 10 organizations that applied for the 2015 program. Click the organization’s name to visit its website or Facebook page, and click the words “Application Packet” “Application” and/or “Letter” to view its application materials. (Some organizations submitted their packets as one file; some as separate files. Each has a completed application and a letter for your consideration.)
- Alaska Peace Center & Fairbanks Open Radio – Application & Letter
- Alaska Songbird Institute – Application & Letter
- Boys & Girls Club of the Tanana Valley – Application & Letter
- Bread Line’s Stone Soup Cafe & Stone’s Throw Job Training Program – Application & Letter
- Breast Cancer Detection Center of Alaska – Application & Letter
- Fairbanks Youth Advocates – ApplicationPacket
- Friends of Creamer’s Field – Application Packet
- The Folk School – Application & Letter
- Literary Council of Alaska – Application & Letter
- Northern Alaska Environmental Center – Application Packet