Small change really does add up to create big changes!
By rounding up at the register and donating the difference, our shoppers have contributed more than $18,970 to local nonprofit organizations since the Lend-a-Hand program started in October 2013. We are proud to say that 100% of our customer’s round-ups go to support the designated charities.
In fact, Lend-a-Hand is so popular with our customers that we’ve decided to do it every month in 2016, rather than six times a year as originally planned.
We have 15 applications this year, and we invite our Owners to select 11 of them for our monthly round-ups. (December is reserved for collecting necessities for the shelter residents at the Interior Alaska Center for Nonviolent Living.)
Here are the 15 organizations being considered for the 2016 program. Click the name of the nonprofit to visit its website or Facebook page. The links beside the listing lead to its application materials. (Please note: Some of these are large .pdf files and will take time to load.)
Organizations with an asterisk received Lend-a-Hand donations in 2015.
- Alaska Songbird Institute – Letter, Application, Organization, Banding Station
- Boys & Girls Club of the Tanana Valley* – Letter and Application
- Bread Line Inc./Stone Soup Cafe* – Application Packet
- Breast Cancer Detection Center – Application Packet
- Fairbanks Animal Shelter Fund – Application Packet
- Fairbanks Youth Advocates* – Letter and Application
- Friends of Alaska CASA – Application Packet
- Friends of Creamer’s Field* – Application Packet
- Georgeson Botanical Garden Society – Application Packet
- Green Star of Interior Alaska – Application Packet
- Literacy Council of Alaska* – Letter and Application
- Noble Paws – Letter and Application
- Northern Alaska Environmental Center* – Letter and Application
- North Star Imagination Library – Letter and Application
- United Way of the Tanana Valley – Letter and Application