It’s time for our Owners to choose which local nonprofits receive our Lend a Hand register round-ups in 2021.
Twenty-eight nonprofits applied, and 12 of those have never received Lend a Hand donations. We invite our Owners to select 11 of them for our monthly register round-ups. (We reserve December for a giving tree and round-ups for the Interior Alaska Center for Non-Violent Living.)
Please review the applications linked below before completing the Lend a Hand selection survey. By request, we have arranged the list into two groups: nonprofits that received Lend a Hand donations in the past and those that have not. You can also see the number of years an organization has benefitted in parentheses. To view prior years’ totals, click here.
Click here to vote. As always, each Owner account is allowed only one vote, so please discuss your choices with others in your household before voting.
Our survey will remain open through December 24th. Please contact Kristin Summerlin, Marketing & Owner Services Manager, if you have any questions.
The following applicants have never received Lend a Hand funds.
• Delta Junction Trails Association
• Downtown Association of Fairbanks
• Fairbanks Concert Association
• Guys Read/Gals Read
• Interior Alaska Cancer Association
• Interior Alaska Land Trust
• Kids Voting
• KUAC Friends Group
• Morris Thompson Cultural & Visitors Center
• North Star Community Foundation
• Santa’s Senior Center
• UAF Alumni Association
These applicants have received Lend a Hand round-ups in prior years. The number of years is indicated in parentheses.
• Alaska Songbird Institute (1)
• Bread Line Inc./Stone Soup (8)
• Breast Cancer Detection Center (2)
• Calypso Farm & Ecology Center (3)
• Fairbanks Animal Shelter Fund (5)
• Fairbanks Community Food Bank (4)
• Fairbanks Resource Agency (1)
• Fairbanks Senior Center Meals on Wheels (3)
• Friends of Creamer’s Field (6)
• Georgeson Botanical Garden Society (4)
• Green Star of Interior Alaska (5)
• Literacy Council of Alaska (5)
• NAMI Fairbanks (1)
• North Star Imagination Library (1)
• Northern Alaska Environmental Center (3)
• The Folk School (3)