With a lofty goal of opening Fairbanks Community Cooperative Market (Co-op Market) by 2011 there are many tasks at hand. Committees have been formed and many need volunteers. Won’t you help it fly? You can volunteer a little of your time or a lot.
There are many small tasks to do so if you can sign up for even one small task it will be a blessing and you will enjoy the fruits of your labor as you shop our own little grocery store next summer.
To find out how you can best serve the Co-op Market e-mail email@example.com or call 457-1023. Or contact one of the committee chairs and let them know you want to participate in that committee.
Business Plan Committee – Board of Directors
This committee is central to the organization as it is organizing all the pieces that go into creating a good business plan. HOWEVER, the work of the other committees is absolutely necessary to putting together a good business plan. Tasks involved include:
1. Putting together the estimates that come from the other committees into a formal business plan..
2. Determining a final estimate of the funds necessary for the project before seeking funding
Finance Committee – Committee chair – Hans Geier – Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
This committee is responsible for developing sources of funding including:
- Bank Loans
- Member loan Program – The committee must research and form a legal structure for member loans.
Store Design – Committee Chair – Robert Leach – Email email@example.com
Local Producers and Product Selection Committee – Chair –Cora Kelley – Email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Identify potential vendors from the Tanana Valley and around Alaska
- Create a member survey to be utilized in the blueprint of the Co-op Market
- Determine criteria for product selection with a priority on local products when available
Health and Wellness Education – Chair – Sharon Alden – Email email@example.com
Operations Committee – Chair – Mary Christensen E-mail fccm2010@gmail.
The work of this committee is almost complete.
Communications/Outreach Committee – Chair – Mary Christensen Email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 347-4463
- Organize membership equity drive
- Hold fundraising events
- Advertisement and promotion
- Communicate with membership on a regular basis
- Website and blog updates
- Responsible for annual meeting
The numerous activities involved with outreach require a lot of help. Many people already participate but we can always use more creative minds!