FCCM Minutes for April 16th 2009
Present were Mary Christensen, Helen McLean, Lela Ryterski, Tom Bradley, Barbara Bradley, Rob Leach, Hans Geier.
1) Last week’s minutes were read and accepted.
2) The COMMUNICATIONS COMMITTEE presented an agenda for this meeting. The committee met April 15th. Their report was read and discussed. On that committee were Helen, Mary, Barb and Tom.
a) We were able to keep the same phone number and address (both Dave’s) for the co-op. The people official to deal with phone issues are Lela, Cora, Rob and Mary. We have ACS. It will cost us $5 month for a message phone. Barb will enter the message the Committee discussed and check the messages 2 times a week. The PO Box costs $66 for 6 months. Lela will pay the first 6 months since she is getting her own mail there, as well.
b) The new brochures were distributed for viewing. They came out OK but the paper is flimsy and the price was steep–$150 for 300 copies. We can do better next time. Barb got a good deal on the sign–$85. It came out very good. Tom’s green lattice backboard also came out very good.
c) Health Fair: Barb and Tom will man the booth this Friday and Saturday mornings.
d) Sustainable Task Force Fair at the University: Lela will contact Justin regarding brochures and founding member tickets for the booth he is planning to do this Saturday.
e) The Communications Committee will look into scheduling us for booths at different events to give us exposure.
f) The Annual Meeting date was changed to Saturday, August 29th, at Pioneer Park from noon to 9 p.m.
Pat Fitzgerald and Robin Dale Ford agreed to play for us for another fundraiser, but maybe not the Annual Meeting.
g) Sunday, April 19th, 2 pm. Lela, Rob and Mary will enter members info into database at Mary’s house.
h) Mary will set up an account for us with Constant Contact. The first 2 months are free. We’ll send out our first newsletter at the end of this month.
i) Jerry says there’s interest in Delta and needs founding member tickets. Mary will send him some. Jerry reported by email that he’s contacting producers. We might take the meeting to Delta at some point.
STORE DESIGN: We agreed we need a larger space than just the liquor store. The Business Planning Committee will dictate how much space we need. The feasibility study says 5000 sq. ft.
BUSINESS PLANNING COMMITTEE: Rob suggested Robert Sullivan as a person who is interested in helping this committee. Mary and Lela are interested as well. Jerry will play a big role, as well. Dave had made an in-depth draft we can work with.
BYLAWS: This got pushed back to the next meeting.
NEXT MEETING is set for Thursday, April 23rd at Foodland at 6 p.m.
NEXT COMMUNICATIONS COMMITTEE MEETING will be Wednesday, April 22nd at Mary Christiansen’s at 6 pm.
The BOARD MEETING was adjourned at 7:30.