In our small store, it’s hard to maintain the recommended 6-foot separation at the registers, so to help keep our cashiers (and you) safe from the coronavirus, we’re instituting some new checkout procedures.
1. Unload your grocery cart or basket onto the conveyor belt on the checkout stand.
2. Immediately take your cart or basket to the end of the register stand, where bagging normally happens. Wait there.
3. The cashier will ring up your items and place them back into the cart or basket.
4. When the cashier indicates they’re finished ringing up, return to the keypad to pay for your groceries.
5. Take your purchases to the tables we’ve set up at the front of the store for self-bagging. We’ll keep boxes stored under the tables as well as on the shelf for your convenience.
If you don’t have enough items for a basket or cart, we still ask that you wait at the end of the register until the cashier is finished ringing your items up.
You can also help keep your neighbors safe by maintaining distance between yourself and other shoppers when queuing up to check out.
Under normal circumstances, we are very happy to bag your groceries for you, but right now maintaining social distance is critical to keep everyone well and working. Thank you for helping us stay safe.