- 1 large tablespoon of butter
- 1 large red onion finely chopped
- 1-2 cloves of garlic (crushed)
- 2 tablespoons organic chia seed
- 2 cups chicken stock
- 1 cup organic cous-cous
- 1/4 cup fresh basil
- 1/4 cup parmesan cheese finely grated
- Salt and pepper to taste
Add butter, onion and garlic to a large saucepan and cook for 2-3 mins. Add the chia, stirring continuously for 1 min.
Next add the chicken stock, couscous, salt & pepper and stir through. Bring to the boil, then cover & remove from heat. Let it stand for about 5 mins or untl all the stock is absorbed and the couscous is light & fluffy. Stir through cheese & fresh basil and serve. Serve with meat of your choice and fresh crusty bread.