Co-op Market Grocery & Deli works for health and sustainability by providing healthful foods and products, promoting local suppliers, and offering consumer education in an open, community centered environment, through a viable business.
- Service – We are committed to the joy of true service, putting the needs of others first in a way that touches lives and hearts. Our service is an honor and a privilege.
- Sustainability – We seek to sustain our co-op’s financial health and growth while working toward solutions to economic development that consider the health our our community and planet.
- Social Responsibility – We believe that our actions must benefit the global community at large. This means that we promote justice and equity in all of our relationships and are committed to the people who use and work for our business.
We serve our community and planet with a cooperative grocery business focused on healthful options.
Ends Policy (12.8.2014)
Fairbanks Community Cooperative Market (dba Co-op Market Grocery & Deli) exists so that the people of Fairbanks and Interior Alaska have easy, year-round access to sustainable, healthy and locally produced food, goods and services. Co-op Market with contribute towards a healthy community with equitable economic relationships, positive environmental impacts, and inclusive practices.
Because of Co-op Market, a growing number of co-op Owners and shoppers, including those in populations and locations traditionally underserved, will have:
- Opportunities for ownership of and engagement in a cooperatively owned retail source of quality, healthy alternatives to conventional groceries;
- An increasingly robust and sustainable local food economy;
- A choice employer and business leader in operations that support and yield economic, social, and environmental returns, especially in reducing waste and energy consumption; and
- A leading retail citizen dedicated to community engagement, education and enrichment.
Co-op Market consciously applies the Cooperative Values and Principles and sees them reflected back in the trust of its Owners, employees, customers and partners.
Self Help, Self Responsibility, Solidarity, Equity, Democracy, Openness, Honesty, Social Responsibility and Caring for Others
- Voluntary and Open Ownership
- Democratic Owner Control
- Owners’ Economic Participation
- Autonomy and Independence
- Education, Training and Information
- Cooperation Among Co-ops
- Concern for the Community