In March 2013 the dream of opening a community-owned grocery store in downtown Fairbanks became a reality! Now your support is needed to ensure our success during our first few years. Each Owner helps build the capital to sustain Co-op Market.
As an Owner you have a voice in a democratically run business.
Owners can participate in a variety of ways. Here are just a few:
- Vote for your Board of Directors
- Run for a seat on the Board of Directors
- Attend annual meetings and Board of Director Meetings
- Vote to choose Lend a Hand register round-up recipients
- Monthly Owner-Only Deals
- Enjoy Owner Appreciation Days throughout the year – receive 10% off one shopping trip* during the appreciation days.
- Receive a 10% discount on bulk & case orders
Also as an Owner you will be rewarded patronage dividends! When Co-op Market becomes profitable, your patronage (how often you shop with us) is rewarded through a percentage of the profit.
Choose between a 1-time investment of $200 or a payment plan.
- 8 quarterly payments of $25
- 4 quarterly payments of $50
- 2 quarterly payments of $100
One Ownership investment is valid for you and your immediate family living in the same household.
There are 2 simple ways for you to sign up!
- At the store! Sign up with any cashier at any of our registers. It takes just minutes.
- Download application and mail it to us.
Send application and check to:
Co-op Market Grocery & Deli
Attn: Ownership Coordinator
526 Gaffney Road
Fairbanks, AK 99701
*Discount applies to regularly priced items. We cannot stack discounts, but we always give our shoppers whichever is the bigger savings.
In order to continue to receive Owner benefits and vote in our next Board of Directors election, Owners must be considered “in good standing.” See Co-op Market Bylaws, Article 2: Membership, Section C: Responsibilities.
To be considered “in good standing,” Owners must either be paid in full or have made a payment of at least $5 toward their investment within the last quarter. To vote in the co-op’s election in September/October, Owners must have paid at least $5 30 days before the election start date so that the database can be prepared for the ballot.